View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slivez
Officer

re: PC Advice Needed

Some of you will be aware of the issues i have been experiencing for the last few months with my PC.

I bought it almost 8 years ago and the only thing i have changed in that time is the graphics card (AMD HD 7800 series) to try and keep up with current games.

I am seriously thinking about a new PC and i have some suggestions below and i am interested in what you think about them, price versus performance etc.

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/warbird-rs10-skylake-gaming-desktop-pc

This is a well publicised PC with many awards for its performance for the cost. I do like it but i would need a SSD which would add cost.

If am looking to add a SSD i thought why not this PC instead.

http://www.yoyotech.co.uk/warbird-rs901-gaming-desktop

Your input is very much appreciated as this is not my area of expertises.

Both of those are really over priced for the components they are using. The power supplies are pretty low grade and I wouldn't recommend them. 

You're best bet is probably coming onto TS with me/yomi/shotzs (or any other tech heads who wish to help) giving us a budget and we will knock a build down for you with better performance and less cost.

It would mean building it yourself, but if you're not up for that scan.co.uk will do labour if you order from them (it's about £80 for labour I think). Or you could drive down to me / I could come to you and build it for you.

As said before, buying parts separately and building it yourself is by far the best option. In terms of actually building it isn't difficult, essentially like fitting puzzle pieces together. But for a nice looking build it is useful to have somebody experienced to help.

I am an enthusiast at heart and also an IT Tech in my day to day job, if you need any help I am more than happy to offer it. I have just today finished building a custom PC for my work actually...

Hel Niflheim
Veteran

Never buy a prebuilt. How much money can you use? We could try to brainstorm a pcpartpicker.

Slivez
Officer

Jazen thanks for your input, having spoken to Jerrek,Shotzs and Yomi on TS last night i will be looking to go down the buying parts and build myself.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: